Senior Software Engineer
Montreal, QC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2022
Planned is an event management platform that helps companies streamline their meetings & events booking process. We make it easy for anyone to plan successful events while giving finance teams the visibility and control they need to maximize their budget. Planned already works with over 200 companies across North America, such as; PwC, L'Oréal, Google, Samsung & Airbnb.
We're on a mission to disrupt a $500+ billion industry. To achieve that, we want to work with brilliant minds and natural leaders who are driven to out-think, out-plan, and outperform the competition. We tackle every business decision with enthusiasm, and we love the work that we do!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll help develop our technology and make a meaningful impact in growing our business and product.
How to be successful at Planned
- You have genuine interest in building a great product and creating value for users
- Contribute to product and business decisions from a place of care and context
- Bring innovation by shipping new features, improving existing ones, and raising the quality bar
- Be proactive and not wait to be told what to do
- Deeply care about the client and their experience
- Be obsessed with remarkable UX and building delightful user journeys
- At least 5 years of experience with React, Typescript, and NodeJS in production environments
- A generalist approach to product building
- Experience being a client-centric developer where you prioritize UX over tech
- Great communication skills, collaborating with other developers, product managers, and designers
- Proven record of good stakeholder management in fast-moving environments
- Keen attention to detail
Other valued skills
- Experience with tRPC + NextJS
- Experience in talking with clients
- Great at written, concise, and clear communication
- Familiarity with enterprise software development
- Familiarity with owning products from concept to deployment
** Those are not requirements but will help you ramp up faster.
What we offer
- Culture of high performance, strong talent density and in-person collaboration
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive base pay
- All the tools and gear you need to be successful (Macbook Pro, screens, mouse, keyboard, ChatGPT, Fullstory, etc.)
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Bus pass subsidy or indoor parking
- Stocked up snack bar & lunches in office 1-2x per week
- Dog (and sometimes cat!)-friendly office
Not sure you meet all the role requirements, but have a passion for Planned and are eager to help build a great product? Apply today and let us know how you would be a great fit!