Enterprise Account Executive
Who we are
The problem: Every minute matters in fire response. As climate change amplifies the intensity of wildfires—with longer fire seasons, dryer fuels, and faster winds—new ignitions spread faster and put more communities at risk. Today, most wildfires are detected by bystanders and reported via 911, meaning it can take hours to detect a fire, verify its exact location and size, and dispatch first responders. Fire authorities need a faster way to detect, confirm, and pinpoint fires so that they can quickly respond—preventing small flare-ups from becoming devastating infernos.
About Pano: Pano is a venture-backed early-stage climate tech startup that is the leader in wildfire early detection, leveraging the latest advancements in IoT, AI, satellites, and SaaS software to deliver actionable intelligence to customers. Pano leverages mountaintop cameras and satellites to detect the first traces of smoke and put real-time fire images in the hands of asset owners and first responders to speed up containment. Pano is already partnering with major utilities, fire authorities, and government agencies in the USA and Australia. Recent media coverage includes being named one of the Top 10 most innovative companies in AI of 2023 by FastCompany and recipient of the Innovative Mobile Service and Application Award at Mobile World Congress through our partnership with T-Mobile.
Pano brings together a diverse team bridging frontline, wildland firefighting experience with best-in-class know-how in operations, logistics, artificial intelligence, and software. Our team is composed of experienced technology professionals from companies such as Apple, Cisco, Nest, DoorDash and Meta. Headquartered in San Francisco with an office and factory in the Mission District, our hybrid team works from locations around the world. Founded in mid-2020, we’ve raised over $40M from leading VC funds.
Pano AI seeks an experienced Enterprise Account Executive to help drive sales initiatives in both new and existing verticals, during an exciting early growth phase of the business. You will be an experienced Sales professional who is driven, well-versed in climate tech, safety, and/or disaster relief, passionate about the environment, and able to navigate and negotiate complex regulatory and buying environments.
Following years of increasingly catastrophic climate disasters, we’re now in the midst of one of the greatest paradigm changes in the past century, with the entire disaster preparedness space being re-imagined and restructured. This critical role within Pano’s Go-to-Market team will help empower and accelerate this change. You will focus on developing and executing thoughtful and dynamic approaches to working with organizations and agencies that are thought leaders and at the forefront of innovative climate readiness and adaptation policies and technology adoptions. You will work hand in hand with Pano’s Chief Commercial Officer and the broader Go-To-Market team. As we continue to scale our first product, your work will be invaluable in setting the future trajectory of the commercial team. This is an opportunity for a qualified candidate to be a key contributor to driving early-stage success for Pano AI, all while working on a meaningful and urgent issue.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and manage a growing pipeline across Pano’s key verticals which may include Utilities, Government, and Forestry
- Leverage domain expertise to plan and execute sales tactics in the following areas: new business generation, pre-request for proposal prospecting, relationship development, sales presentations, strategic pricing, and contract execution
- Autonomously structure and negotiate new business relationships including key pricing, commercial, and operational terms as part of complex contracting processes
- Manage senior-level relationships with prospects and customers - navigating diverse buying committees that include members from on-the-ground operators up to Board / C-level executives
- When applicable spearhead expansion strategy into new geos and segments based on demand signals - lead discovery on overall market opportunity, connect Pano value prop with quantifiable pain points (why Pano, why ever, why now), perform analysis on competitive landscape, technology / service partner ecosystem, regulatory environment, and localized selling motion
- Partner with internal stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Product, Operations, and Finance; you will own assessment of the competitive landscape and technologies to help formulate and refine product/ GTM/ service/ support strategies
- Drive ongoing account management in partnership with Customer Success to ensure customer satisfaction and drive additional expansion opportunities
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years technology sales experience or similar in enterprise software, managed services, cloud computing services, or networking & infrastructure
- Full-cycle Sales experience from sourcing to nurture to close with proven playbook of quick lands and faster wall-to-wall expands
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively about customer priorities and technical challenges while aligning to a compelling solution
- Must be comfortable defining a way forward as an early ambassador in a still nascent and new market - you’ve seen the maturation of a market from selling to innovators and early adopters to late-movers
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, in particular at the executive level
- Track record of multi-stakeholder management and ability to sell into highly matrixed organizations
- Highly competitive, quick learner, extremely adaptive, and pride yourself on exceeding production goals
- Strong organizational skills across multiple simultaneous opportunities
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about environmental issues and have a close affinity for the environment
$240,000 - $290,000 a year
The final salary offered is based upon multiple factors, including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and location. In addition to salary, this position is also eligible for stock options. We offer comprehensive health insurance, paid time off, and 401k.
Pano is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and supporting our team-members regardless of where they come from. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.